Speed limits in New Zealand
range from 20 km/h to 100 km/h. Specifically:
* 20 km/h (10 mph) past school buses and accident sites
* 30 km/h (20 mph) past roadworks
* 50 km/h (30 mph) in most urban areas
* 60 km/h (40 mph) for many city arterial routes
* 70 km/h or 80 km/h (45–50 mph) on highways through built-up areas, or
on dangerous or older roads.
* 100 km/h (65 mph) on expressways and highways
Some vehicles are restricted to lower speeds:
* 90 km/h (55 mph) for trucks and vehicles with trailers
* 80 km/h (50 mph) for school buses
* 70 km/h (45 mph) for motorcyclists with learner licences
SpeedingTicketHelp.Info. All Rights Reserved.
Content Edited by Nick Jones
Speeding Ticket Advice
provided on this site is for informational purposes
and is not meant to replace obtaining legal advise from an attorney.